J.D. Greear is the pastor of The Summit Church in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina. He’s the author of several books, including Just Ask and Stop Asking Jesus into Your Heart. J.D. is married to Veronica, and they have four children. Follow J.D. on Twitter here.
Quotes from Essential Christianity
1. Christianity is, in its essence, a rescue religion. (Pg. 21)
2. Our rejection of God left our world in chaos. Because God alone possesses infinite glory and goodness, our lives only work with him at the center. (Pg. 44)
3. Our inability to keep the laws of God drives us to despair, which drives us to judgmentalism and hypocrisy. (Pg. 63)
4. At the center of Christianity is the audacious claim that the God who made this world walked in it. (Pg. 67)
5. The Christian gospel is about how God entered into the torrential forces of our sin to deliver us out of them, because he was the only one who could do that. (Pg. 74)
6. Faith does not exclude effort. What it excludes is earning. (Pg. 91)
7. A very real God became a very real man and died on a very real cross to pay for your very real sins and rose from a very real grave to reverse the very real curse of death going on in your very real soul. (Pg. 114)
8. Awareness of the depth of the love of God for us is what produces passionate love for God in us. (Pg. 137)
9. Without transformation by the Spirit, our hearts resist and suppress the truth that Jesus is Lord. (Pg. 153)
10. The only power that can change what we worship, at the heart level, is the gospel. (Pg. 166)
To purchase a copy of Essential Christianity or view more information about Essential Christianity, click here. (Essential Christianity will be released on February 1st, 2023)
Evan Knies is an elder of North Hills Church in West Monroe, LA. He is husband of Lauren and father to Maesyn. He is a graduate of Boyce College and Southern Seminary.
One thought on “10 Quotes from Essential Christianity”
Pingback: Q&A with J.D. Greear (Essential Christianity) – The King’s Table