Jen Oshman is a wife, mom, and writer, and has served as a missionary and pastor’s wife for over two decades on three continents. She currently resides in Colorado, where her family planted Redemption Parker, an Acts 29 church.
Quotes from Welcome
1. We are siblings in the global Christian family, joined together by the Son, indwell by the Spirit, and under the sovereign goodness of the Father. (pg. 15)
2. Jesus is the peace among so many different groups – he destroys the dividing walls of hostility and reconciles us to God and to one another (Ephesians 2:14-16). (pg. 35)
3. Showing hospitality is a whole-church family endeavor. (pg. 53)
4. Our family in Christ will more than make up for any family lost when we pursue Jesus and the gospel. (pg. 61)
5. Our membership in the global faith family of Jesus is meant to be seen in our abiding participation in a local faith family. (pg. 65)
6. If you’re a Christian, you’re a missionary. You may not be called to a foreign land with unreached people, but you are absolutely called to share Christ right where you are. (pg. 77)
7. To practice hospitality well, we must strive to remove barriers, awkwardness, or embarrassment. (pg. 95)
8. Each context calls for creativity, the power of the Holy Spirit, and the intentional followthrough of existing church members. (pg. 101)
9. An inward focus is deadly while an outward focus produces life, both for that local church and the larger kingdom beyond. (pg. 110)
10. The gospel moves onward, and the kingdom grows bigger because of the church. We are entrusted with the task of proclaiming Christ, being his witnesses, and baptizing and teaching his new followers. (pg. 114)
To purchase a copy of Welcome and view more information about the book, click here.