Sam Rainer serves as president of Church Answers and is a cofounder of Rainer Publishing. He is also lead pastor at West Bradenton Baptist Church in Bradenton, Florida. He writes, teaches, speaks, and consults on a variety of church health issues. Same cohosts the popular podcasts Rainer on Leadership and EST.church.
Quotes from The Church Revitalization Checklist
1. Every congregation deserves leaders who will lovingly shepherd them toward a greater purpose. (pg. 5)
2. The healthiest churches inwardly are the ones most focused outwardly. (pg. 26)
3. Church revitalization is the process of leading an established church to a place of better health, typically with an existing pastor and without changing the identity of the church. (pg. 49)
4. A healthy church has an acute concern for the collective needs of the community while at the same time maintaining a desperate heart for the lost individuals in that community. (pg. 64)
5. Resistance to change is one of the largest hurdles in leadership. (pg. 72)
6. The simplicity of focus does not mean it’s easy, but in a struggling church, the rewards of one effort are magnified. (pg. 92)
7. A church that does not gather – in person – does not exist. (pg. 119)
8. Downplaying your doctrine creates a culture in which people will leave as quickly as they come. (pg. 150)
9. Many pastors die by a thousand paper cuts, and these cuts are often inflicted by unforced errors resulting from a lack of self-awareness. (pg. 165)
10. If God can save any person, then he can save any church. (pg. 176)
To purchase a copy of The Church Revitalization Checklist, click here.
Evan Knies is an elder of North Hills Church in West Monroe, LA. He is husband of Lauren and father to Maesyn. He is a graduate of Boyce College and Southern Seminary.