H.B. Charles Jr. is the pastor-teacher at Shiloh Metropolitan Baptist Church in Jacksonville, Florida. In addition to being in the pastorate for over 25 years, H.B. regularly speaks at churches, conferences, and conventions around the country. He is the author of It Happens After Prayer and a contributor to the several books and journals. He and his wife, Crystal, have three children: H.B. III, Natalie, and Hailey. To follow more of H.B.’s work, check out HBCharlesJr.com.
H.B. preached at T4G22 on Don’t Forget the Significance of Your Salvation.
Quotes from On Worship
1. The ultimate priority of true worship is that the Lord is pleased. (pg. 16)
2. True worship is Word-based, Word-saturated, and Word-driven. We are to sing the Word, read the Word, pray the Word, preach the Word, and see the Word. (pg. 21)
3. Worship that does not revere the holiness of God is not worship. (pg. 26)
4. If you have breath in your body, you have sufficient reason to praise the Lord. (pg. 33)
5. Church growth experts often advise pastors to shape the church around the desires, opinions, and values of the culture. But a “user-friendly” philosophy of ministry only makes the church like the world. (pg. 43)
6. Worship must be the heart of the church because Christ is the head of the church. (pg. 48)
7. God counts our offering by the attitude of our heart, not the amount in our hand. (pg. 57)
8. Spirit-filled Christians do not sing to show off, puff themselves up, or display their talents. We sing to build up one another in the faith. (pg. 90)
9. The worship service is a family dinner at a fine restaurant, not a fast-food meal on your couch in front of the TV. Worship etiquette should be practiced out of reverence for God and respect for your fellow worshipers. (pg. 106)
10. When God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit is the infinite center of worship, it invariably transcends color, culture, and comfort. (pg. 126)
To purchase a copy of On Worship, click here.
We only get one life and it will soon pass. Only what is done for Jesus Christ will last!