Barnabas Piper is an assistant pastor at Immanuel Nashville. He is the author of several books, including Help My Unbelief and Hoping for Happiness, and is co-host of The Happy Rant podcast. Barnabas is married and has two daughters.
Quotes from Belong
1. His plan for his church is that it be a place to encounter the profound, transformative, healing, restoring grace of Jesus Christ, together. (Pg. 20)
2. Belonging is defined by where God intends us to be, and therefore where he intends us to find true life and deepest satisfaction and joy. (Pg. 25)
3. When we are adopted through the work of Jesus Christ into the family of God, we receive unconditional, immovable, eternal love as God’s children. (Pg. 36)
4. If we are cut off from the church, we will spiritually shrivel up and die. (Pg. 39)
5. A church cannot be healthy without biblically grounded, gospel-shaped preaching and teaching. (Pg. 50)
6. There is no room for ego or hierarchy or smugness in the family of God. (Pg. 57)
7. When we commit ourselves to being part of a church, and when we commit to pursuing and contributing to a gospel culture that reflects gospel teaching, we are throwing ourselves into the very heart of Christ – love, good deeds, encouragement. (Pg. 67)
8. Christian unity starts with a transformation of our minds toward Christ-likeness, which will be evidenced especially in the attitude of humility and the action of serving one another. (Pg. 75)
9. One church’s failure is not the failure of Christ’s gospel or his plan, nor does it reflect Christ’s heart for you. He has a place for you among his people where you can belong. (Pg. 99)
10. Our love and friendship of fellow sinners within the church is Christ’s witness to the world. It is a magnetic invitation. (Pg. 109)
To purchase a copy of Belong, click here.