Mitch Chase is a professor at Boyce College and The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, as well as the author of several books.
Quotes from Hope For All The Earth
1. We live in a universe made for the glory of Jesus Christ, and we read a Bible written for that same purpose. (Pg. 5)
2. We need restoration from the alienation of sin. We need atonement, but this is not a covering we can configure for ourselves. (Pg. 9)
3. External circumcision would not guarantee an inward devotion to God; a circumcision of the heart was vital. (Pg. 16)
4. Moses’ mission was impossible for him to complete, and that was the point. God would act by a mighty hand and outstretched arm. (Pg. 26)
5. God’s people needed a king who would lead them in righteousness and seek God’s heart. (Pg. 40)
6. As the resurrected son of David, Jesus possesses an unceasing reign because he has conquered death. (Pg. 42)
7. False worship and false priests coincided with a false kingship. (Pg. 51)
8. Through a new exodus, the new David would form a new covenant. (Pg. 67)
9. The rebuilt temple, though lacking glory, would one day give way to greater glory. (Pg. 73)
10. The end of the Old Testament is not the end of the Bible’s story, and the heavenly silence during the intertestamental period would not last. (Pg. 84)
To purchase a copy of Hope For All The Earth, click here.